C IS FOR CELERY
Grades: Pre-K | Age: 2-5 | Written by:
[Jantje is one of the creators of KinderArt.com]
Children will learn about the letter c as they paint with celery.
What You Need:
What You Do:
•Thick paint (tempera or acrylic or fingerpaint)
•Pictures of things that begin with the letter "c"
- Talk about the letter "c". Name some things that begin with the letter.
- Introduce the differences between "hard c" and "soft c"
- Spend some time reciting the following: cat, cup, color, cloud, cake and coat. Try to find pictures of these object to help in the understanding of "hard c"
- Spend some time reciting the following: cereal, cinnamon and celery.
- Take some paint ... any color, and put in a tray. Paint can be shared by groups of 2 - 4.
- Each child gets a piece of paper and a celery stalk. (If you wish, you can cut out a letter "c" for each child to decorate.
- When dipped in paint and pressed on paper, a piece of celery makes a "c" shape.
- Your kinderartists can fill their paper (or their "c" cutout) with tiny letter c's made from celery.
- Make up a funny celery song to sing. "I love you, you love me, I love eating celery ..."
This content has been printed from: