Create a World - Art and Geography - KinderArt
DRAW A NEW WORLD
Written by: Deborah Dunstedter
[Deborah is a teacher at Phelps County R-3 in Edgar Springs, MO]
Grade: 7-8 (or older)
Age: 12-13 (or older)
Combine imaginative powers with known map-making techniques to create a whole new world.
What You Need:
- 12" x18" sheet of drawing paper
- existing maps of countries
- colored pencils
What You Do:
- Look at maps of existing countries.
- Draw the outer shape of your world, and fill in details such as rivers, oceans,cities, mountain ranges, etc.
- Name your country and everything in it.
- Make a key in the lower right corner of the paper.