OLYMPIC DAY/FIELD DAY
Level: Primary and up
Grades: K and up | Age: 5 and up | Written by:
[Jackie is a teacher at the Growing Tree at the Morristown High School in Morristown New Jersey.]
This activity lists some options for you to create a physical education day at your school.
Students will be able to use gross motor skills while experiencing a Physical Education Day.
What You Need:
Any physical education equipment such as:
What You Do:
- jump ropes
- bean bags
Elementary P.E. Teacher's Survival Guide
- Plan out your day so you and your students are able to do as many fun activities as possible.
- If the weather permits let the children do the activities outside.
- First have fun with a ball activity where the teacher makes up the game and teaches it to the children.
- Next, have fun with an activity involving jump/skipping ropes.
- Make up any activities that have to use gross motor skills.
- You will be testing the children's skills while the children are having so much fun!
Here's Everything You Need to Create a Successful Student-Centered Physical Education Program, Complete With Reproducible Forms, Activity Sheets, Exercise Worksheets, Award Certificates and More!
This content has been printed from: