SWIMMY (WAX RESIST)
Grades: K-2 | Age: 5-8 | Written by:
[Vera is an artist from Saskatchewan Canada]
Students will become aware of the illustrating style of Leo Lionni as they create an underwater scene after reading the book, Swimmy.
- Students will become aware of the illustrating style of Leo Lionni and create an underwater scene.
- Students will learn to appreciate the art created not only by them, but by others as well.
storybook, Leo Lionni, Swimmy, fish, design, pattern, crayon, wash, expression, underwater, example
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Read the story - Swimmy by Leo Lionni.
- Go back to the beginning and study the illustrations with the children.
- Children draw fish and underwater detail with wax crayons.
- Encourage children to illustrate many fish.
- Some may imitate the patterns used by the illustrator.
- Cover the paper with a blue paint wash.
by Leo Lionni
An exquisite picture book. A little fish, the lone survivor of a school of fish swallowed by a tuna, devises a plan to camouflage himself and his new companions.
This content has been printed from: