Water Mist Globes Lesson Plan - Art and Science Lesson Plan - KinderArt
WATER MIST GLOBES
Written by: Gloria Dreyer [Gloria is a kindergarten teacher Blacklock Fine Arts Elementary Langley BC Canada]
Students will use water based markers, coffee filters and water to create a "misty" globe.
Visual Art - use various materials and techniques to create images.
Science - Earth and Space study
What You Need:
- circular coffee filter
- water based (washable) felt pens/markers
- water bottle with mist spray top
- black construction paper
- Optional - clothes iron
- Optional - floral glitter spray
What You Do:
Very effective project for Earth Day. Can be done in other colour combinations for Solar System studies.
- Discuss the geographic layout of the world using the terms continents and oceans. Show sample photo of Earth from space.
- Provide each child with circular coffee filter which has been ironed flat (for ease of colouring).
- Using water based felts ie: Crayola, draw big blobs of green to represent continents. Scribble liberally inside these blobs. Then scribble blue on remaining white areas to represent ocean.
- Mist with water, allowing colours to bleed together and lay on newspaper to dry.
Optional - iron flat for ease of gluing, especially if working with younger classes. This will also hasten drying process if you are wanting to do this project in one art class.
- Glue dried planet to black background and spray with floral glitter to represent stars.
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?