Written by: Beth Cruce [ Beth is a teacher at West Market Family Education Center in Anderson, SC.]
Directions on how to create a preschool classroom bulletin board using mice (and student photographs) as the theme.
What You Need:
- construction paper
- laminating film
- hot glue
- small mouse cutout – Mice for Bulletin Board
- picture of each child’s face
What You Do:
- Displaying children’s art is very important in preschool classrooms.
- At the beginning of the school year we make an art “frame” for each child from construction paper.
- We cut out the middle of a large sheet about 1″ from the edge all the way around.
- We laminate it and attach it with hot glue on three sides to a second uncut sheet. These are stapled to the bulletin board.
- When a child completes a project we slip it into the open edge of his “frame”.
- Because children this age cannot always read the names,we identify each frame with a small cutout of a mouse.
- We cut out the face of the mouse and replace it with a picture of the child’s face.
- We glue this mouse to the child’s art frame.
- This bulletin board stays up all year, but changes as the children design new art work.