Written by: Leslie Gould [Leslie is a K-6 Art Teacher from Fort Ann Central School, Fort Ann, NY.]
Students can make individual sunflowers using paper and glue. These sunflowers can then be used to decorate a classroom or school bulletin board.
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- Tissue paper.
- A reproduction of Van Gogh’s Sunflowers,
- A photo and brief biography of Vincent Van Gogh.
What You Do:
- Introduce the students to Van Gogh and his sunflower paintings.
- Students create sunflowers using construction paper and rolled up bits of tissue paper for the center to add interest and dimension.
- Post the sunflowers on a bulletin board with the photo and biography of the artist as well as a reproduction of Van Gogh’s Sunflowers.