Written by: Sarah Cannington [Sarah is a mom and teacher]
You can use coffee filters and food coloring to make cute fridge magnets.
What You Need:
- Round Paper Coffee Filters
- Food Coloring – springtime colors – pinks, blues, greens. (you can also use watered down tempera or watercolor paint)
- Several margarine containers (to hold the water)
- Eye droppers (optional)
- Twist ties
- Pipe Cleaners
- Magnet sheet (you can find this at any office supply store)
- Paper Towels
- A covered work area.
What You Do:
- First prepare your colored water by adding a few drops of food coloring or paint to your dishes of water.
- If using an eye dropper, take your coffee filter, flatten it out and drop various colors on the filter. The colors will run and blend beautifully.
- If you don’t have an eye dropper, then take your coffee filter and dip different areas of it into the colored water. Again, the colors will blend and run together.
- Let dry.
- When dry, take the coffee filter and pinch it together in the middle so you have two billowy sides … like a bow.
- Wrap a twist tie around the center to secure it
- Then, twist a pipe cleaner around the center and let it stick out at the top like antennae.
- Glue a piece of magnet to the back and voila … A Coffee Filter Fridge Magnet for Spring.