Written by: Tami Allen [Tami is a homeschooler from Mesa, Arizona.]
You can make a cool flowerpot recipe holder. Perfect for Mother’s Day of for a favorite teacher.
What You Need:
- 3″ flower pot (one for each child)
- Assortment of fake flowers (optional)
- Plaster of Paris (or floral foam)
- Moss (optional)
- Stickers or markers to decorate the pot
- Plastic forks (or discarded stainless steel forks)
What You Do:
- Let the children decorate the pots with stickers or permanent markers.
- When they are finished, fill the pot half full with plaster of paris, making sure to cover the hole in the bottom with some tape or a sticker. (Or, use floral foam instead of plaster of paris).
- Put some moss on top of the plaster of paris and let the children push the flowers down into the mixture along with the plastic fork.
- Takes 24 hours to dry.
- Add a great recipe in the fork. It makes a great gift for moms!