If you love glitter, you’ll love this quick and easy craft which makes use of natural materials.
What You Need:
- Glue (white school glue)
- An old paintbrush
- Mod Podge (optional)
- A pencil (optional)
- A paper plate and a covered work area.
What You Do:
Clean and dry your rock and place it on a paper plate or a piece of cardboard.
Paint a heart shape on a rock using glue and an old paintbrush. You might wish to first draw the heart using pencil.
Sprinkle on the glitter.
Shake off the excess onto the plate and let it dry.
Once dry, you can coat the rock with a glue and water mixture (80% glue/20% water) or by using Mod Podge. This is an optional step but it will prevent glitter from falling off of the rock.
Try using different colours!
Glitter Clean Up Tips
- Always cover your work space with a big garbage bag or sheet of newspaper so you can gather the mess and dispose of it.
- A bowl of warm soapy water helps to remove glitter from little fingers.
- Do your crafting in a box or on a plate to contain the mess.
- Use a lint roller to clean up any stray bits of glitter from the table or off of clothing (or skin).
- Vacuum or mop the floors after any glitter spills.
- Do your glitter projects outside!