Students can use crayons and paint to make delightful crayon resist pictures. We used fish as our theme but you can use any image you wish.
What You Need:
- Crayons or Oil Pastels
- Tempera paint (watered down)
- Paint brush
What You Do:
- Draw a border around your picture. Inside this border, draw circles or “bubbles”. Use crayons or oil pastels and be sure to press hard.
- Inside the border, draw some fish (starfish, jellyfish, rainbow fish… the sky (or ocean) is the limit.
- When you finish your drawing, lightly brush paint over the picture. Use dark colors.
- The areas of crayon (or oil pastel) will resist or repel the paint.