Written by: Aaron Kinn [Aaron is a teacher at DePue Schools in DePue Illinois]
Students will use the outline of their shoe as the basic shape for a fish.
What You Need:
- 9×12 paper (or bigger if you want to make an aquarium)
- Crayons or Markers
What You Do:
- Have students take off one of their shoes and trace the bottom of it onto paper.
- Then, using the shoe outline as the fish outline, have students create fins, gills, eyes, mouth, and scales on their fish.
- When the drawing is complete have students color the fish with markers.
- *Note: You can have them cut out their fish and glue them on a huge piece of paper, and then have them draw a background. This looks like the fish are swimming in an aquarium.
The kids really get a kick out of taking their shoes off in class, and using them to make art!
See more examples at Adventures of an Art Teacher.