By dipping your chalk into wet paint, you can create wonderful works of chalk art that won’t smudge like regular chalk.
What You Need:
- Paper (any color).
- Colorful chalk (either chalk pastels or blackboard chalk).
- White tempera paint (liquid).
- A dish for the paint.
- Optional: permanent black magic marker.
What You Do:
- Make a drawing using pencil.
- Optional: outline your drawing with black magic marker (permanent).
- Put a small amount of white tempera paint into a dish.
- Dip the tip of your chalk into the white tempera paint.
- Draw on your paper. The drawing marks you make will show not only the colour of the chalk but also an edge of white paint. If you draw on dark colors, the white will show up very nicely. You could also use a dark tempera paint with a light color paper. The possibilities are endless.
- The beautiful part of this activity is that the paint “seals” the chalk so it won’t smudge on the paper.
- For an interesting finish, try mounting your finished drawing on a piece of newspaper, or a page out of an old phone book.