Kids will learn how to draw and paint colorful houses using Kwik Stix Solid Paint sticks.
The paint sticks have been designed to take the mess out of painting thanks to a formula that allows the colors to dry in just over one minute. Honestly, the thought of being able to paint without water, cups, paintbrushes and aprons sounded almost too good to be true.
When testing them, I knew exactly which project to tackle and I was blown away by the results. The colors are rich and the sticks are easy and fun to use. They look and operate like glue sticks and the texture of the paint – when wet – is not unlike oil pastels. Once dry, the picture appears as though tempera paints were used.
Painting may never be the same!
What You Need:
- Paper (whatever kind you have on hand will do)
- Kwik Stix Solid Tempera Paint sticks
What You Do:
- Using a pencil, draw a zig zag line across the paper, just above the halfway point. My kiddo calls this a “mountain range line”.
- Draw a straight line across the bottom of the page.
- Draw lines from the bottom of the points of the zig-zag line down to the straight line.
- Create roof lines (see image below).
- Outline with permanent black marker.
- Now it’s time to paint! Using the Kwik Stix, fill in the areas, making sure you let sections dry (not unlike regular tempera paint). The beauty is, with Kwik Stix, the paint is dry almost instantly!
- You can mix colours by layering them when wet. But, you will need to clean the ends of the paint sticks in between mixing.
- BUT — once dry, you can layer colors without risk of the colors bleeding. Check how clean the white stick is after painting on top of a dark blue sky!
I was so pleased with Kwik Stix! My kiddo LOVED working with them and so did I 🙂