Written by: Judith Walsh [Judith is a teacher at Mt. Zion and Robertson Elementary Schools Suffolk, VA]
Students will create wild works of spin art using paint, paper and a salad spinner.
What You Need:
- salad spinner (or a spin art machine)
- bottles of paint (washable tempera)
- small paper plates 6″
What You Do:
- I set my salad spinner on a table in front of the class and then I call students, one at a time, to come to the spinner. The other students draw whatever they like on a piece of paper while they are waiting their turn.
- Students pick 3 colors and I pour them onto the paper plate that they have placed into the spinner. Then they get to spin!
- They have such fun! No one knows what the outcome will be until I lift the top off of the spinner and then the ooohs and ahhhs begin!
- These turn out beautifully! It is so much fun listening to the students talking about what they see in their pictures. I have never seen a bad one!
- Try this and your students will love it!