Children will paint rainbows using watercolor paint.
What You Need:
- watercolor paints (or tempera)
- white paper
- salt (optional)
What You Do:
- Talk about rainbows. Refer to the “More Information” link below for tips.
- The colors in a rainbow are:
A good way to remember this order is to remember the name: ROY G. BIV
- Paint a rainbow in the correct order
of color with watercolor (or tempera) paint.
- OPTIONAL: If using watercolor, while the paint is still wet, you can sprinkle some salt on the rainbow and the colors will run together. Then, when the paint dries, the salt can be rubbed gently off the paper.
- This is a good lesson for teaching children how colors blend to make new colors.
How are rainbows formed? Find out HERE.