Do your kids balk when it comes to eating their peas and carrots? With this April Fool’s Day meal, they’re in for a sweet surprise.
Admit it! We’ve all fallen victim to whoopee cushions, squirt guns and other April Fool’s shenanigans of prankster parents and kids. But if you’re looking to be more creative with your high-jinks beyond the standard Vaudeville fare, FamilyFun.com offers a host of cunning, yet good-natured practical jokes that will give you the opportunity to say, “Gotcha!” to your unsuspecting brood.
FamilyFun provides a variety of creative ways to seek playful revenge on loved ones ranging from classic favorites to food trickery. Whether concocted together or on a solo mission, these amusing, fool-proof prank ideas are a great way to enjoy time with your family and leave them in hysterics! Some prank ideas on the site are even submitted by real-life families under “Your Best April Fools’ Pranks.”
Below is an example of just some of the fun you will find at FamilyFun.com!
What You Need:
- Peanut butter log candy
- Peas-and-carrots candy mix
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel or butterscotch topping
What You Do:
- On each dinner plate, arrange four or five peanut butter logs (to look like chicken nuggets) and a small handful of the candy mix (for vegetables).
- Right before serving, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt to each plate for “mashed potatoes.”
- Top with gravy — a spoonful of caramel sauce or butterscotch topping.