Using a nylon stocking and some grass seed, your students will see how fast grass grows.
What You Need:
- nylon stocking feet
- small container (from single serving yogurt of cottage cheese or coffee cups or small Dixie® cups)
- rich top soil
- grass seed
- water (as needed)
What You Do:
- Put some grass seed into the nylon stocking foot.
- Add some top soil on top of the seed.
- Turn upside down and tie a knot in the stocking foot and trim so only a little bit hangs down. The seed should be right side up.
- Place the filled stocking foot, knot side down into a small container or coffee cup (filled with water).
- Decorate the stocking with permanent marker or googly eyes – to create a face.
- Store inside the classroom on a window ledge or where space is available.
- Water as needed.
- Each day let the children check to see if any “hair” has grown!
- When the “hair” is long enough (over the top) let the child give it a haircut!!
Optional: You can use a Styrofoam cup instead of a nylon stocking foot.
MORE TO DISCOVER:
❖ Similar Categories: SPRING Crafts, Summer Camp Arts and Crafts, Earth Day Crafts, Crafts for Kids, Recycling and Upcycling Art Ideas, S.T.E.M., Holiday Crafts & Special Days
Imagine the freedom of done-for-you art lessons.
The KinderArt Club features standards-based art lessons which are designed to work in small or large group settings, with a range of ages (from 5 to 11 years). So, you don’t need to plan multiple activities, regardless of the grades you teach.
Just log in, print and teach. It’s that easy.