Use peanuts to make a unique card for Mother’s Day.
ALLERGY ALERT: Use packing peanuts instead of real peanuts if you have students in your care who have nut allergies!
What You Need:
- Halves of peanut shells (or packing peanuts to avoid allergic reactions).
- Tempera Paint
- Paint Brushes and Water
- Heavy paper
- Glitter (optional)
What You Do:
- Paint the peanut shell halves nice bright flowery colors and let dry.
- Create a folded card with the heavy paper.
- Draw the beginnings of a flower (stem, leaves and center) on the front of the card.
- Glue the painted peanut shell halves on the card and use them as the petals of the flower.
- Write “I’m nuts for you Mom” on the front of the card.
- Add glitter as an added extra.
ALLERGY ALERT: Before attempting this activity in a classroom environment, make sure there are no kiddos with peanut allergies in your care. If so, substitute packing peanuts, pop bottle lids or milk caps for the peanut shells.