Kids can make simple no-sew Thanksgiving Pilgrim Dolls.
- Work with a two dimensional object to create a three dimensional object.
- Build creative problem solving skills.
What You Need:
- Paper grocery bags (or a heavy fabric like canvas if you prefer)
- Markers, crayons, pencil crayons and pencils.
- Stapler and staples
- If you are using fabric — you could use fabric paints.
- Quilt batting or other material for stuffing. This could even be crumpled up tissue or newspaper.
- Pilgrim Cut-Out Templates ONE and TWO (if you need them)
What You Do:
Print and cut out two of each of the templates.
Decorate the print outs using markers, crayons etc.
Decorate only one side of each of the cut-outs, because one side will be the front with face etc. the other side will be the back with the back of the bonnet, coat etc.
Glue the decorated templates to heavy paper (ie: sandwich bags).
Once the cut-outs are decorated, help your students staple, tape or glue all but one edge of the paper pilgrims together.
Leave one area without glue or staples to insert the stuffing.
Stuff and glue or staple the final opening shut.