Written by: Lenore Lewis [Lenore is a teacher at Ellesmere-Statton P.S in Toronto]
You can use party streamers to make a dye to decorate your eggs at Easter.
What You Need:
- crepe paper — look for the colors that “bleed when wet”.
- containers, bowls, etc.
- vinegar (to set the dye)
- boiled eggs (or eggs that have been blown out)
- hot water
What You Do:
- In containers, put in a few torn strips of crepe paper (the more you add, the stronger the colors). Look for the crepe paper which “bleeds when wet”. You might instead substitute art tissue. Again, look for the colors that “bleed when wet”.
- Add a tablespoon or so of vinegar.
- Pour in some hot water and let sit. The longer it sits, the darker the colors.
- Dip eggs into the dye containers and leave for a few minutes. The longer you leave them in, the deeper the color will be.
- Let dry.