Written by: Amanda Formaro
This craft is so easy for kids to make, even toddlers get into the fun. Give this gift to Dad and he will absolutely love it. A great gift for Father’s Day or his birthday, he’ll cherish it and carry it around proudly. Better than a tie any day!
What You Need:
- alphabet beads
- 4 football beads
- hemp or jewelry cord, about 12 inches
- round keyring
What You Do:
- Begin by tying a double or triple knot at one end of the jewelry cord to keep beads from falling off.
- Alphabet letters often come with additional beads with hearts. Begin stringing on the beads starting with a heart, then a football, then the word “EVER” starting with the “R” first. Next string on another football, then the word “DAD”, another football, next the word “BEST”, and lastly the fourth football.
- Tie a knot after the last football, as close to the football as you can to keep the beads close together. Double the knot.
- Next, tie the long end (closest to the word “BEST”) of the jewelry cord to the keyring. Knot this several times to ensure security, then trim off the excess cord.