COFFEE FILTER BUTTERFLIES
Level: ECE and up
Grades: Pre-K and up | Age: 2 and up | Written by:
[Angela is a teacher at KinderCare in Freeland, Michigan.]
Using coffee filters, magic markers (or paint) and water, you can make delightful butterfly sculptures.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- pipe cleaners (assorted colors)
- coffee filters (large size)
- water-base markers (or watercolor paints and brushes)
- small spray bottle filled with water
- Give each child a coffee filter and have them color on it with markers. Encourage them to make designs.
- Have them hold up the coffee filter, and spray with water. Let them watch the colors spread and run together.
- Once the filter is dry, bunch it in the middle and wrap a pipe cleaner around it. Make sure you leave a little extra pipe cleaner to make two antennas.
Stunning photos take children inside the chrysalis right through the process of emerging as a majestic monarch.
Paint the Wild Butterfly Kit
by Balitono, Inc
Paint three hand carved, solid wood butterflies to create unique magnets or hanging decorations.
This content has been printed from: