Coffee Filter Butterflies: Crafts for Kids. Lessons and Activities for children in kindergarten to grade 12: KinderArt ®
COFFEE FILTER BUTTERFLIES
Submitted by: Angela Hopkins [Angela is a teacher at KinderCare in Freeland, Michigan.]
Using coffee filters, magic markers (or paint) and water, you can make delightful butterfly sculptures.
What You Need:
- pipe cleaners (assorted colors)
- coffee filters (large size)
- water-base markers (or watercolor paints and brushes)
- small spray bottle filled with water
What You Do:
- Give each child a coffee filter and have them color on it with markers. Encourage them to make designs.
- Have them hold up the coffee filter, and spray with water. Let them watch the colors spread and run together.
- Once the filter is dry, bunch it in the middle and wrap a pipe cleaner around it. Make sure you leave a little extra pipe cleaner to make two antennas.
Creating by Recycling (Crafts for All Seasons)
by Laia Sadurni, Anna Llimos
Create art with objects from around the house.
Stunning photos take children inside the chrysalis right through the process of emerging as a majestic monarch.
Paint the Wild Butterfly Kit
by Balitono, Inc
Paint three hand carved, solid wood butterflies to create unique magnets or hanging decorations.
Watch an on-line metamorphosis from larva to caterpillar to butterfly
complete with butterfly activities and resources. Developed by grade three
students in Yukon, Canada. There are lots of original games, activities,
learning resources and more.
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?