ZIP BAG BUTTERFLIES
Level: ECE, Primary
Grades: Pre-K - Gr. 2 | Age: 2 - 8 | Written by:
[Lee is a parent from Friendswood, Texas]
Make a butterfly out of a zip close baggie and some tissue paper.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- sandwich size zip close baggies
- tissue paper in a variety of colors
- 6" long pipe cleaner
- Cut the tissue paper into 1/2" squares.
- Fill the zip baggie with tissue squares (the more paper there is, the fuller the wings).
- Zip the baggie closed, pressing out some of the air.
- Gather baggie in the middle with the zip close at the top.
- Twist the pipe cleaner in the middle of the gather to form a butterfly with antennae.
- Curl the ends of the pipe cleaner of the antennas.
Stunning photos take children inside the chrysalis right through the process of emerging as a majestic monarch.
Paint the Wild Butterfly Kit
by Balitono, Inc
Paint three hand carved, solid wood butterflies to create unique magnets or hanging decorations.
This content has been printed from: