Easy Recipe Holder: Crafts for Kids. Lessons and Activities for children in kindergarten to grade 12: KinderArt ®
EASY RECIPE HOLDER
Submitted by: Tami Allen [Tami is a homeschooler from Mesa, Arizona.]
Use a flower pot to create a unique recipe holder.
What You Need:
- 3" flower pot (one for each child)
- Assortment of fake flowers (optional)
- Plaster of Paris (or floral foam)
- Moss (optional)
- Stickers or markers to decorate the pot.
- Plastic forks (or disgarded stainless steel forks)
What You Do:
- Let the children decorate the pots with stickers or permanent markers.
- When they are finished, fill the pot half full with plaster of paris, making sure to cover the hole in the bottom with some tape or a sticker. (Or, use floral foam instead of plaster of paris).
- Put some moss on top of the plaster of paris and let the children push the flowers down into the mixture along with the plastic fork.
- Takes 24 hours to dry.
- Add a great recipe in the fork. It makes a great gift for moms!
Rainy Day Activity : How to Make Playdough, Bubbles, Monster Repellent and More!
by Jennifer Rader
Rader has created a children's activity cookbook that's perfect for children of all ages. Children can learn how to make play dough, jewelry, puzzles, games, face paint, and much, much more.
1001 Things to Do With Your Kids
by Caryl Waller Krueger
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?