My Handprint: Crafts for Kids. Lessons and Activities for children in kindergarten to grade 12: KinderArt ®
Submitted by: Julia Wallace [Julia is a student from the Center for Arts and Technology (Pickering Campus) in Phoenixville, PA]
Little ones can create a memorable handprint with paint.
What You Need:
- white paper
- paint (any color)
- sponge or paintbrush
- pen or pencil
- the "my hand" poem (below)
What You Do:
- Each child paints their hand (you may need to offer assistance to younger children).
- Children then place their hands on the paper to create a handprint.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- If they are able to, allow the child to write his/her name. If not help them with this step.
- Paste the poem next to their hand print:
This is my hand so tiny and small
For you to place upon the wall
So you can watch as years go by
How we have grown, my hand and I
Sometimes I might upset you
Just because I'm small
By leaving fingerprints of mine
On a table, chair or wall.
But everyday I grow a bit
And I'll be big one day
When all my tiny fingerprints
Have long been cleaned away
So keep these prints of my two hands
To help you to recall
Just how big my fingers were
That time when I was small.
Family Fun Crafts : 500 Creative Activities for You and Your Kids
by: The Editors of FamilyFun Magazine
Creating by Recycling (Crafts for All Seasons)
by Laia Sadurni, Anna Llimos
Create art with objects from around the house.
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?