How to Make a Snow Globe - KinderArt Crafts for Kids
Submitted by: Dee Cantrell and Viviana Graney
You can make snow globes using baby food jars, corn syrup, glitter and found objects.
What You Need - Version 1:
- Small jar, with lid
- Plastic toys (optional)
- Seashells (optional)
What You Do - Version 1:
- Take the jar and pour in some glitter - not too much, just enough to give a sparkle effect, into the bottom of the jar.
- Add any small plastic toys or seashells into the jar.
- Fill with water to the top and place the lid over the top, very tightly.
- Then shake the jar.
- The glitter will appear as snow in a real snow globe.
What You Need - Version 2
- Small glass jar with lid (baby food jar)
- Baby oil or corn syrup
- Toys or seashells (optional)
What You Do - Version 2
- Fill the jar with baby oil or corn syrup, and a little water.
- Add glitter
- Glue toy or seashell to the lid of with glue and put the lid on the jar (seal with glue). (Make sure you use waterproof glue - ADULT assistance required!).
- When dry, turn the jar upside down and give it a shake.
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?