Adjective Adjective Noun: Drawing Lessons for Kids: KinderArt ®
ADJECTIVE ADJECTIVE NOUN
Written by: Nancy Tompkins [Nancy is an art teacher at St. Luke's School in New York City]
This lesson encourages drawing skills, imagination, and a sense of humor. Students will also learn about adjectives and nouns.
- Students will build upon their drawing skills, imagination, and senses of humor as they learn about adjectives and nouns.
- Adjective: An adjective modifies a noun or a pronoun by describing, identifying, or quantifying words. An adjective usually precedes the noun or the pronoun which it modifies. (ie: a blue truck; a happy baby; a sneaky bird)
- Noun: A noun is a word used to name a person, animal, place, thing, and abstract idea.
What You Need:
- coloring tools (optional)
- list of adjectives (provided by teacher)
- list of nouns (provided by teacher)
What You Do:
Students love this project!
- I started out by cutting up many little strips of paper.
- On one pile of paper strips I wrote adjectives, and on another, nouns (I made the words simpler or more sophisticated according to the age group.)
- I put the strips face down into two separate boxes.
- Each student took two strips from the adjective box and one from the noun box.
- They then had to do a drawing of what the words meant when put together.
- "Intelligent skinny poodle"
- "Bratty angelic snowman"
- "Friendly messy pencil"
- "Tiny wiggly office building"
Find more at the Adjective Noun generator! http://creativityforyou.com/combomaker.html
- The trick is to think about adjectives that are easy to portray.
Fun With Grammar
75 Quick Activities & Games That Help Kids Learn About Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Adverbs, and More : Grades 4-8
Awesome Hands-on Activities For Teaching Grammar
Easy learning rich activities that tap into students' multiple intelligences and bring excitement and fun to your grammar lessons.
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?