Face Study (Draw the Other Half): Drawing Lessons for Kids: KinderArt ®
FACE STUDY (DRAW THE OTHER HALF)
Written by: Katie Haase [Katie is an artist from Oshkosh]
Students will use a magazine photo of a person, cut in half, as the beginning of a drawing. Half magazine picture, half drawing.
- Helping the student to see and understand correct facial placement.
What You Need:
- plain paper
- pencil (color pencils if you choose)
- photographic image of face
- desk or drawing board
What You Do:
- Find a photograph of a persons face/head.
- Student cuts the face in half the long way. (one eye, half nose and half mouth)
- Student tapes photo onto a sheet of paper, leaving room beside it.
- Student finishes the drawing of the face (they can keep the cut off portion for reference, as needed).
- Student signs their work.
I Can Draw Faces
I Can Draw Faces will show you in simple, easy steps how to build up the form of the head and face.
How to Draw Faces
Written for children ages 9-12.
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?