Beautiful Numbers - Art and Math: Drawing Lessons for Kids: KinderArt ®
Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater [Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt®]
This art activity focuses on the shape of numbers. A good tie-in to math for younger students.
What You Need:
- Cardboard or poster board
- Safety Scissors or an XActo knife (and adult assistance for the little ones)
- Tempera paint or markers
- Paint brushes (if you are using paint)
What You Do:
- Choose a number (if working in a classroom situation, you might want to have children draw numbers out of a hat to avoid a class full of the same numbers).
- Draw the number on cardboard or poster board.
- The number should be large and bulky (not small and skimpy). Concentrate on the shape of the number.
- Cut the number out.
- Outline some fun designs on the number shape.
- Using markers or paint, fill in the designs.
by MaryAnn F. Kohl, Cindy Gainer
Math Art: Projects and Activities
by Carolyn Ford Brunetto
Cartooning With Math
by Bill Costello
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?