SEE IF YOU CAN DRAW (GAME)
Level: Primary, Junior
Grades: K-5 | Age: 5-11 yrs| Written by: Judith Walsh
[Judith is an art educator from Mt. Zion Elementary in Suffolk, VA]
Students will use their imagination and creativity by solving art problems in this art game.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- 9" x 12" white paper
Judy writes: "I play this art game with my students at the end of the year. They love playing and you can change it every year to make it different. . The name of the game is "see if you can draw..." You pick ten objects and say them 1 - 10. You can even have them rhyme if you like."
It goes like this:
- See if you can draw something blue.
- See if you can draw an old shoe.
- See if you can draw your best friend.
- See if you can draw a road with no end.
- See if you can draw something you can't reach.
- See if you can draw a day at the beach.
- See if you can draw a frog on a log.
- See if you can draw a puppy dog.
- See if you can draw a window with a view.
- Now, see if you can draw a picture of you!
"My students really enjoy this activity. I hope yours will, too!"
See if you can draw handout:
Scribble Art: Independent Creative Art Experiences for Children
by: MaryAnn F. Kohl
ScribbleMonster Takes a Bath
by: Paige A. Dague
This content has been printed from: