[Tina is a mom and interior decorator from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada]
Learn how to bake a mini cake inside an ice cream cone.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Flat bottomed ice cream cones
- 1 Cake mix - any flavor
- 1 Can of icing - any flavor
- Optional decorations such as sprinkles, candy, or cherries.
- 1 Cookie baking sheet
- 1 Wire cooling rack
- 1 Large spoon
- Mix cake mix according to the directions on the package.
- On your baking sheet, arrange the flat bottomed ice cream cones.
- Use your cake batter to fill the cones with the large spoon, almost to the top to allow room for rising.
- Being extra careful not the tip the cones, place in a heated oven - 350 degrees on second last rack.
- Cones are done when cake springs back by lightly touching the tops. Of course, this is to be done by a grown-up!
- Remove cones from oven and place on a wire cookie rack to cool.
- When they are completely cooled, let the "artists" began their work by adding icing and any decorative toppings.
Note: These cake cones are a hit at bake sales and also for birthday parties by allowing each guest to decorate their own cone.
by: Joanne Weir
Recipes Inspired by Nature's Bounty
This content has been printed from: