Peanut Butter Recipe: KinderArt ®
PEANUT BUTTER RECIPE
Submitted by: Laura Mills
How to make peanut butter from scratch.
- Roasted peanuts in shells
- Corn or vegetable oil
You Will Also Need:
- Measuring cup
- Food processor or grinder (for crunchy style peanut butter)
- Food blender (for smooth style)
Homemade peanut butter contains no preservatives or other additives.
To avoid spoiling, keep any unused portion in the refrigerator.
- Crack open the shells and remove the peanuts. Measure out about one cup.
- Remove the red skin from the peanuts.
- If you want chunky peanut butter, put the peanuts in a food processor or
grinder and run the chopped mixture through three or more times until the
peanut butter is the consistency that you like. For creamy style peanut
butter, chop up the peanuts in a blender.
- Add about one to two tablespoons of cooking oil in small amounts and
regrind or blend the mixture until the peanut butter is the familiar paste
Did you know… that over half the peanuts grown in America are used for peanut
The peanut contributes over 4 billion dollars to the U.S. economy each year.
The first major use for peanuts was as food for pigs.
One of the world's most famous peanut farmers is former United States
President Jimmy Carter.
For more fun facts of the peanut and peanut butter, go to:
by: Time-Life Books
Scrumptious Recipes for Cooks Ages 9 to 13
Kid's Party Cookbook
by: Penny Warner
Recipes for all sorts of foods that kids like and can fix themselves or with minimal help from parents.
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?