FLORIDA BLUE CRAB HANDPRINT PICTURES
Level: ECE, Primary
Grades: PreK - Gr 2 | Age: 2 - 8 | Written by:
Students will make pictures of crabs using their handprints.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- blue and orange tempera paint
- construction paper (8 1/2 x 11")
- Black felt-tip marker
- Spread newspaper over the work area.
- Paint inside of both hands, including thumbs and fingers, with blue paint.
- Make two prints with hands pointing in opposite directions and heels of palms slightly overlapping (thumbs pointing down).
- Dip tip of finger in orange paint and draw two "stalks" (for eyes) extending from the palm area. Print a dot at the end of each stalk and add an eye inside each dot with black marker.
- Dip pad of thumb in orange paint and make a print at the end of each thumb print for claws. Draw a smile with a black marker.
►More Painting Lessons
This content has been printed from: