SPRAY BOTTLE PAINT MURAL
Level: ECE, Primary
Grades: PreK - Gr 2 | Age: 2 - 8yrs | Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater
[Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt.com]
An outdoor, warm weather activity that teaches young children about color mixing.
What You Need:
- Roll of paper
- Spray bottles (empty window cleaner bottles work well)
- Thin paint. (This can be water-based paint of any kind. If you use tempera or acrylic, make sure to add lots of water so the paint is very, very thin.)
- Masking tape
- Aprons or old shirts to protect clothing
What You Do:
- Tape a long section of paper to a fence or a wall.
- Make sure students wear aprons as this activity can get a little messy.
- Fill spray bottles with different colors of paint.
- Students can then spray different colors of paint onto the paper.
- Encourage overlapping of colors so that blending and mixing occurs.
- Once complete, let the paint dry and display in the home or classroom.
►More Painting Lessons
This content has been printed from: