STYROFOAM RELIEF PRINTS
Level: ECE, Primary
Grades: PreK - 2 | Age: 2-8yrs | Written by:
[Gena is an Saltillo Elementary in Saltillo, MS.]
You can create prints that look like snowflakes by using old strawberry baskets
What You Need:
What You Do:
- small vegetable or fruit baskets - one per every 3 children is best
- washable white glue
- sturdy paper (dark color)
- plastic swallow pans or trays
- Discuss the linear quality of the baskets.
- With help of teacher, children cut out a circle from the bottom of the fruit basket. (The type which has a radiating pattern is best.)
- You should end up with a "snowflake template".
- Dip the template into glue in a tray.
- Help child lightly and gently stamp glue covered template onto paper. There should be a glue print left on the paper.
- Sprinkle glitter over glue "print".
- Shake excess glitter off.
- Allow to dry.
- Extend by writing about snow, winter, Christmas memories, etc.
This content has been printed from: