MILK CARTON HOUSES
Level: ECE, Primary, Junior
Grades: PreK - Gr. 5 | Age: 2-11yrs | Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater
[Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt.com]
A fun architectural activity that makes use of materials normally thrown in the garbage.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Milk, juice or cream cartons (different sizes)
- White acrylic paint, gesso or white latex house paint
- Tempera or acrylic paint
- Optional: construction paper, scissors and glue
- Containers for water
- A covered work area
- Cover the cartons with white acrylic, gesso or latex house paint. Let dry. (Optional: wrap the milk carton with paper -- like a present).
- Paint the carton (using tempera paint) to look like a house. (Optional: Glue construction paper windows, doors, etc. onto the carton).
- Draw windows, doors etc. onto the carton.
- Add construction paper embellishments.
- Make several houses and you have a village.
This content has been printed from: