HAVE IT YOUR WAY SANDWICH COLLAGE
Super stuff from Deb Barone - art educator - Myerstown Elementary School, Myerstown, PA
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- Scrap materials
What You Do:
- Give the children long rectangular strips of paper on which
to build their sandwiches.
- Have precut brown construction paper "bun" shapes for them to glue at either end of the strip.
- Instruct the children to chose from the scrap materials to
fill in the space between the buns, building a sandwich layer
- Some of the materials we have used are ribbon, felt,
burlap, crepe paper, yarn, macaroni, and stickers.
- The children enjoy using materials for purposes other than the way they
were intended and get a good feel for one meaning of collage.
© Deb Barone
Do YOU have a lesson to share?