CARDBOARD TUBE MUMMIES
Written by: Amanda Formaro
[Amanda Formaro is the crafty, entrepreneurial mother of four children.]
These super cute and fun little mummies make great finger puppets. Make your mummy a girl by adding a simple ribbon or construction paper bow to her head!
What You Need:
- 1 cardboard bathroom tissue tube
- 1 sheet white construction paper
- White craft glue
- Color wiggle eyes
- Glue stick
- 1/2 sheet of black construction paper
What You Do:
Tip: Colored wiggle eyes are available at your local craft supply store.
- Cut a small piece of black construction paper, about 2” x 1.5” and use glue stick to attach it toward the top of the cardboard tube.
- Use white craft glue to attach wiggle eyes to the black paper.
- Tear white construction paper into strips; reserve the end pieces with the straight edges to use at the top and bottom of the tube.
- Use glue stick to attach the paper strips around the cardboard tube, overlapping as you go. Leave the wiggle eyes and a little of the black paper visible.
- Cover remaining area with white construction paper and voila!
►More Holiday/Seasonal Arts and Crafts
Mummy Math: An Adventure in Geometry
"The illustrations, by Bryan Langdo, are bright and clever, and there’s a straightforward lesson in geometry built into the promise of Egypt. Very young Egyptologists will enjoy the archaeological atmosphere."
~The New York Times Book Review
Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Halloween
Ed Emberley shows would-be artists how to draw a variety of creepy and scary Halloween creatures such as witches, bats, monsters - and more. Step-by-step instructions for drawing Halloween cartoon figures and objects.
© Amanda Formaro
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com