EARTH DAY - YUMMY SCULPTURE
April 22nd is Earth Day.
Its a chance to celebrate Mother Nature and all of her gifts. Its also a chance to learn about how things grow & how we can take care of the earth ... on April 22nd and everyday.
What You Need:
- potatoes, apples, carrots, lettuce, parsley, peanuts, raisins, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, olives, oranges etc.
What You Do:
- Using toothpicks, create sculpture (faces, animals insects etc. ) by attaching bits of fruit and veggies to other bits of fruits and veggies.
- On a potato, 2 raisins can become eyes, lettuce can be hair and parsley can be a mustache
- Make insects by attaching cherry tomatoes together with black olives and add bits of green onion!
- Have fun and eat the "fruits" of your labor!
© KinderArt | Illustration © Geoff Slater, KinderArt
Do YOU have a lesson to share?