Level: ECE, Primary, Junior, Middle, High School
Grades: PreK and up | Age: 2yrs and up | Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater
[Andrea is one of the founders of KinderArt.com]
Children can see what happens when you add water to dried beans.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- a small clear jar
- dried beans
- a lightweight tray or plate
- Fill your jar with the dried beans.
- Add water to the jar until it reaches the top.
- Cover the jar with the tray.
- Leave the beans to sit in the water for a few hours, then go back and see what happened!
- Your beans will have soaked up all the water and expanded... pushing the tray off of the jar!
- Your seeds become very strong when wet (this is what helps them sprout and grow in the dirt in the garden.
This content has been printed from: