ROPE SOAP FOR DAD
This is a fun thing to do for dad, but be aware that the drying time is 1 to 3 full days ... unless you have a hot sunny day and the mixture can dry in the sun.
What You Need:
- A few bars of soap
- An old cheese or veggie grater
- Oatmeal (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Wax paper
- Cookie cutters (optional)
- Food coloring (also optional)
What You Do:
- Grate the soap bars into the bowl.
- Add warm water slowly until mix is like a thick oatmeal.
- You may add a touch of oatmeal for texture if you wish.
- If you want the soap to have color, add a few drops of food coloring to the mixture.
- Mix everything together and let sit.
- Place a sheet of wax paper down on a flat surface. You will want to work on the wax paper so your mixture doesn't get stuck to the table.
- Cut some rope --- make sure it is long enough.
- Form the soap mixture into a ball around the rope.
- At this point you can either shape the soap into a fantastic sculpture or you can use a cookie cutter to create a nifty shape.
- Your rope soap will have to sit for one to three days until it is completely dry.
Do YOU have a lesson to share?