I Give You My Heart Craft
Submitted by: Rebecca Engelman
[Rebecca is an art educator at Cathedral School in Bismarck, ND.]
- Demonstrate tracing and cutting techniques.
- Understand and use the concept of repeating patterns.
What You Need:
- Construction paper (pink, lt.blue, violet, red, hot pink)
- Construction paper (multicultural)
- Oil pastels (pink, lt.blue, violet, red, hot pink white)
- Heart stencil (large and small)
What You Do:
- Have students select two sheets of 9x12 construction paper in two different colors.
- Trace the large heart shape on one sheet and the small heart shape on the other. Cut out.
- Glue the small heart in the center of the large heart.
- Use one color of oil pastel to outline the heart shapes. Press hard to create heavy lines.
- Continuing with the same color, draw simple patterns on and around the heart shapes.
- Color the patterns with the remaining pastels.
- Trace each student's hand on the multicultural construction paper. Cut out.
- Glue the heart in the palm of the hand.
- Glue the hand and heart on a sheet of colored construction paper that best compliments the color scheme of the heart.
►More Valentine's Day Crafts
KinderArt Valentine's Day Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor Valentine's Day Download includes 20 Coloring Pages, 3 Valentine's Day Frames and 2 Color, Cut and Fold Valentine's Day Cards
Download yours today!
Valentine's Day Crafts
by Arlene Erlbach (Author), Herb Erlbach (Author)
Fun Holiday Crafts Kids Can Do
© Rebecca Engelman & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com