GLITTER PUMPKIN CDS
Written by: Amanda Formaro
[Amanda Formaro is the crafty, entrepreneurial mother of four children.]
Don’t throw away those old scratched CDs and DVDs, instead make these shiny glitter pumpkins for Halloween!
What You Need:
- CD or DVD
- Orange paint
- Orange glitter glue
- White glitter glue
- Black glitter felt or black stiff felt
- Green stiff felt
- White craft glue
- Pattern - click here for pattern
What You Do:
Tip: We used an older bottle of orange glitter glue, so it was a little thicker than a new bottle would be. Take care when squeezing out the glitter glue, you can always add more if you don’t have enough.
- Be sure you have something to cover and protect the work surface. Paint the back of the disc with orange paint and let dry.
- Squeeze a generous amount of orange glitter glue onto the disc and spread around with a paintbrush.
- Cut out the facial features from the black felt using the pattern. No need for glue, just gently press the pieces into the wet glitter glue.
- Cut a small rectangle from the green felt and glue to the back of the disc for the stem.
- Use white glitter glue to add diagonal stripes to the stem. Pipe a border of white glitter glue around the facial features.
- Use a toothpick or butter knife to carefully lift the wet disc and place it on a piece of paper to dry. This will take several hours to dry completely.
►More Holiday/Seasonal Arts and Crafts
Kids' Pumpkin Projects: Planting & Harvest Fun (
Everything readers ever wanted to know (and more) about pumpkins and related projects is cheerfully described and illustrated here.
Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Halloween
Ed Emberley shows would-be artists how to draw a variety of creepy and scary Halloween creatures such as witches, bats, monsters - and more. Step-by-step instructions for drawing Halloween cartoon figures and objects.
© Amanda Formaro
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com