MILK JUG JACK-O-LANTERN
This Jack-O-Lantern is easy for your kinderartists to create (with a little help from you) and it is safe for your kinderartists to carry around (no fire hazards).
- Halloween fun and safety.
What You Need:
- A milk jug (a nice big gallon jug) with a lid.
- Pencil, pen or marker.
- Orange acrylic paint (or orange tempera paint with white glue mixed in).
- Paint brushes or sponges.
- Black paint or a large black magic marker.
- Small flashlight.
- Tacky glue or a hot glue gun with adult supervision.
- Scissors or an x-acto knife - with adult supervision.
What You Do:
- First decide what kind of face your Jack-o-Lantern will have. Then, draw the features onto the milk jug.
- Carefully cut out the eyes, nose and mouth shapes you have drawn on.
- Your kinderartist can then paint the entire jug with orange acrylic paint. They may have to paint the jug a couple of times to get a nice thick finish.
- Let the paint dry.
- Once the paint has dried, your kinderartists can draw details onto the jug using the black marker.
- Finally, you can glue a small flashlight to the inside of the jug lid. That way you can flick the flashlight on, place the lid on the jug and have a glowing Jack-O-Lantern that is safe as safe can be.
Do YOU have a lesson to share?