Crayon Resist Jack-O-Lanterns - Halloween - Monthly Seasonal Crafts - KinderArt
Search by Month
Sign up for the KinderArt newsletter. Be the first to find out what's new.
Shop at KinderArt
Books, clothing, art supplies, Kinderart created products and more.
Crayon Resist Jack-O-Lanterns
Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater
[Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt®]
What You Need:
- wax crayons
- black watercolour paint
- white paper (watercolor paper is ideal but any thick white paper will work)
What You Do:
- Draw a Halloween themed picture (like a Jack-o-Lantern, ghost or gravestone), using crayons.
- Be sure to press hard and remember... light colours will work the best.
- Once the drawing is complete, take some black watercolour paint and water it down slightly, so it is nice and runny.
- Lightly brush black paint over the picture. Be careful not to overdo it, because a little paint is all you need.
- Don't worry about trying to stay in the lines, because the crayon picture will resist the paint and "pop" out through the black, for an positively eerie effect.
- Once finished, let the paint dry and display the work for all to see.
Did You Know:
Did you know, that there is a poisonous mushroom called a Jack-o-Lantern? It is most often found growing in crowded clumps at the base of hardwood trees and it is bioluminescent. What does that mean? Well, quite simply, these mushrooms, which are bright yellowish orange in colour, actually glow in the dark!
►More Halloween Arts & Crafts
KinderArt Halloween Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor Halloween Download includes twenty (20) coloring pages, 3 Halloween frames and 2 cut and color masks. Download yours today!
KinderArt E Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
Volume Two (Seasonal Images) includes sixty (60) coloring pages including: Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day/Veterans Day and Christmas.
We also have many more Coloring Pages available now for instant download have a look today.
Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Halloween
by Ed Emberley
Step-by-step instructions for drawing Halloween cartoon figures and objects.
Halloween Fun: Great Things to Make and Do
by Abigail Willis
Halloween will certainly be fun when children design their own jack-o'-lanterns, make frightening masks, build hanging skeletons, play gruesome games, bake spider (or bat) cakes, and read scary poems aloud.
© Andrea Mulder-Slater & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com