Submitted by: Tamara.
What You Need:
- 1 toilet paper tube
- sharp knife to cut ends off tube
- 8 long twist ties (paper so they can be painted)
- 2 beads or marbles or buttons for eyes
- paint (my spiders are black)
- string (to hang spider)
- hot glue gun or preferred type of glue
- (a glue gun is faster and you don't need to wit to paint it)
- black tape of paintable tape for securing legs
What You Do:
- Take a toilet paper tube, cut two round pieces off the end. These are the eyes.
- Glue them on the end of the rest of the tube right at one of the edges.
- Then along each side where you want to put the legs poke 8 holes.
- Poke twist ties into holes and secure inside with black tape or tape that can be painted on.
- Paint your spider, let dry.
- Buttons or beads or marbles could make the eyes.
- Attach a string from the back, arrange the legs to your liking and there you have a wide eyed kooky spider.
Crafts for Halloween
by Kathy Ross, Sharon Lane Holm
Black cats, ghosts, and spiders come to life in a simple, illustrated guide to creating the perfect decorations for Halloween, designed so that even very young children can use readily available materials to master these holiday crafts.
Do YOU have a lesson to share?