WOVEN STRAWBERRY BASKET
Level: ECE, Primary, Junior, Middle School, High School
Grades: all | Age: all | Written by: Gayle Remisch
Make a lovely woven basket using a plastic strawberry container. This teaches the concepts of simple sewing (in, out, up, down, pull through). Younger kids will need a little bit of help. Older kids can experiment with different materials.
What You Need:
What You Do:
Plastic strawberry baskets.
- Crepe paper streamers, ribbon, or strips of material.
- Pipe cleaners in assorted colors.
- Wash and dry the basket.
- Fold strips of crepe paper streamer lengthwise in half reducing it's width. Use roughly an arms length of streamer.
- If you want a nice bow, then start weaving from the middle of one side of the basket, with the middle of the ribbon. Weave one half then the other and stop at the opposite side, and tie a bow.
- Begin weaving the streamer/ribbon/material through the holes, any way you want.
- When done, braid three different colours of pipe cleaners and attach to either side of the basket as a handle.
- Fill the basket with whatever you like.
This content has been printed from: