Magical Leprechaun Footprints
Grade: K - 2
Age: 4 - 6
Submitted by: D. Doby
[D. Doby teaches at Longbranch Elementary School, Liverpool, NY ]
Working with pattern and tints.
What You Need:
- green crayons
- assorted color crayons
- green paint and white paint on one palette for each group
What You Do:
- Talk about the magic of Leprechauns.
- Pretend that some leprechauns have visited the room and left their footprints behind.
- Ask students to step onto paper and trace their shoes (using a pencil) as many time as will fit on the paper.
- Next, using peeled crayon on their sides, your students can fill in their shoe outlines with various colors.
- Explain "tints" [adding white to a color (in this case, green) to create lighter shades of green] Demonstrate this by mixing several shades of green paint. Your students will be using various shades of green to create clovers which will be painted around their footprints.
- Show students how to make 3-leaf clovers (three small filled circles, connected and a stem). Each circle of the clover will be a lighter shade of green than the last. There will be several shades of green used.
- Your kinderartists can then draw and paint a number of clovers on their paper in a random pattern around the magical footprints.
►More St. Patrick's Day Crafts
KinderArt St. Patrick's Day Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor St. Patrick's Day Download includes 17 Coloring Pages, 3 St. Patrick's Day Frames, 1 St. Patrick's Day Maze and 1 St. Patrick's Day Cut and Color Mask
Download yours today!
KinderArt E Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
Volume Two (Seasonal Images) includes sixty (60) coloring pages including: Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day/Veterans Day and Christmas.
We also have many more Seasonal Coloring Pages available now for instant download have a look today.
St. Patrick's Day Crafts
by Carol Gnojewski
Fun Holiday Crafts Kids Can Do.
© D. Doby & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com