PAPER BAG PILGRIM DOLLS
- Create a simple front and back no-sew Thanksgiving Pilgrim Doll.
- Work with a two dimensional object to create a three dimensional object.
- Build creative problem solving skills.
- Just plain have fun!
What You Need:
- Paper grocery bags (or a heavy fabric like canvas if you prefer)
- Markers, crayons, pencil crayons and pencils.
- Stapler and staples
- If you are using fabric --- you could use fabric paints.
- Quilt batting or other material for stuffing --- could even be crumpled up newspaper.
- Pilgrim Cut-Out Templates ONE and TWO (if you need them)
What You Do:
© KinderArt ®
- Children can draw their pilgrims on the paper bag using pencil.
- Make sure the paper bag is folded in half so that when the pilgrim design is cut-out, two will be cut-out instead of one.
- Once the design is drawn out, your kinderartists can cut out their drawing.
- Next, the two cut-out pilgrims can be decorated using markers, crayons etc.
- Decorate only one side of each of the cut-outs ... one side will be the front with face etc. the other side will be the back with the back of the bonnet, coat etc.
- Once the cut-outs are decorated, help your kinderartist staple or glue all but one edge of the paper pilgrims together. Leave one area without glue or staples to insert the stuffing.
- Stuff and glue or staple the final opening shut.
Do YOU have a lesson to share?